The Controller is someone who handles the accounting functions of a company like coordinating, planning, and reporting the financial activities.
The financial controller or comptroller is a senior accounting position. The resume for such a person must be well structured and free of any possible mistakes. If you are applying for a controller general or controller to any firm/ organization, you already are valued in the financial circles. To keep up with your high profile image, your controller resume must be also a top-class resume. For this, you can use many controller resume examples on the internet, and in this article, we are giving you the best controller resume writing tips ever for writing great resumes for controllers. Make sure you proofread your resume a few times after you finish it.
Sample Controller Resume
Personal Details: Write your personal details in this column. For example:
23 Getty Street,
Plainfield Avenue, Alma, MI
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 14.03.1978
Objective: Write a one-line career objective that lets the employer know what exactly you are ready to offer and what you are looking for. For example:
I look for a rewarding and challenging position as a Controller in a reputed company where I can use my skills and my vast experience in the Business industry.
About Me: This is an optional section where you can describe in a single line about yourself as a professional. For example:
Talented, motivated, with good organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to prioritize a wide range of important responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications: Mention your special skills and qualities. Do not lie in this section. An example of possible skills you can mention:
- Powerful organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate a team
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of accounting principles and of payroll procedures
Computer Knowledge: These days it is essential to add a technical skills or computer education section. You can add some accounting related software, if you have their knowledge:
Proficiency in using MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word); accounting packages (MAS90, QuickBooks, Great Plains); ADP and Paychex payroll systems.
Career History: Career history or work experience is one of the most important sections in a resume. An example is given here:
Financial Controller, Accenture Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Washington, DC, 2006-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervised the accounting functions like accounts payable and payroll
- Ensured the company's compliance with accounting policies
- Realized the company's financial analysis and modeling
Assistant Controller, Williams Technologies Inc., New York, NY- 2001-2006
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervised the preparation and the presentation of the financial internal and external data
- Researched and reported business investments and acquisitions
- Prepared financial reports to predict economic and financial standing
- Prepared the cash flow projections and reviewed the investment activity of the company
- Prepared accurate monthly financial reports
Education: A short description of your educational qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Stanford University, New York
Certified Public Accountant since 2000
Affiliations: Also titled' Achievements', this section will have any such accomplishments, memberships, or awards that will show you in a good light.
Member of MBA Association since 2005
Areas of Interest: Write about your areas of interests/hobbies:
References: State any important references that you might have.
References available upon request
Hope this controller resume sample was helpful to you. Now you can form your own top-notch controller resume based on this sample.